Scrap Purchase Program
In-House Copper Recycling Program
Our Scrap Purchase Program allows us to purchase insulated wire & bare copper from our customers to be reclaimed through a recycling line. All copper products that are bought back undergo rigorous testing to guarantee the quality of the copper and to maintain the quality of our finished products.
Let us turn your scrap into cash
Ask your local Encore Wire sales rep to include Gaylord boxes with your next shipment
- Fill Gaylord boxes with copper scrap
- Contact Encore Wire to obtain a purchase order number
- Ship Gaylord boxes back to Encore Wire
- Receive payment for your scrap 45-60 days after receipt
For more information on our Scrap Purchase Program:
Scrap Purchase FAQ
The value of the recovered copper is based on the current copper scrap market. Call 1.800.962.9473 ext. 226 for more information.
Only copper building wire can be reclaimed.
- Bare Copper
- Non-Shielded Portable Cord
- Tray Cable
- Telephone wire
- Tinned copper
- Copper tape
XLPE and non-shielded portable cable must be separated and marked accordingly.
No. All wire must be removed from reels.
- A numbered bill of lading must accompany each shipment for tracking and payment references
- Scrap must be shipped freight prepaid
Gaylord boxes can hold up to 2,000 pounds.
No. The quality of the copper does not change. We test the copper scrap that we purchase to ensure that it is 99.9% pure. We exhaust all efforts to make sure that no other metals have been mixed in with the copper, assuring that the final product is of the highest quality.
At this time, we only accept insulated wire & bare copper from Encore Wire customers.