- Can withstand substantial impact and crushing forces
- Suitable as an equipment grounding conductor
- Used for wiring in elevators, hoist ways and escalators
- Limit on use of 3/8 inch trade size
- Raceway connection to motors
- Cranes and hoists
- Manufactured wiring systems
- Suitable for use with listed connectors intended for FMC (Flexible Metal Conduit)
- Flexible metal conduit is also permitted for use on industrial machinery.
Type BR is formed from a highly corrosion-resistant hot-dipped galvanized steel. Its profile and helical shape allow it to withstand substantial impact and force. Meets Federal Specification A-A-55810 Type IV (Formerly, WW-C-566c Type II).
This conduit is intended for installation as a metal raceway for wires and cable in accordance with the NEC (ANSI/NFPA-70) Article 348.